Internet / Wi-fi / Prints
- Wi-Fi access is free. Kindly take the password from our reception after signing the Wifi-register. Kindly write your name, passport number and duration of stay.
- Desk-top Internet is available in the reception. INR 1 per minute. Kindly enter your name, passport number and note the time / minutes you have used. The payment is to be made with the final bill.
- Cost of black and white print is INR 10 per print .Kindly note the number of prints you have taken.
Food & Beverages
- Breakfast is complimentary. It starts at 8 am at the garden-cafe. If you require breakfast earlier, kindly inform the chef / kitchen.
- Kindly read the breakfast menu on the board at the garden.
- Lunch / Dinners are available on prior order. Kindly refer to the menu in the garden.
- Snacks menu is also available , along with beverages.
- Kindly sign the register, whenever you order something. Payment is to be made during check-out, with the final bill. (Kindly don’t pay without the final bill; and pay only at the time of check-out)
- We allow food from outside and have a collection of home-delivery menus at the reception.
Transport / Car Rental / Taxi
- Rabindra Sarovar Metro Station is very near. When you go out of Bodhi Tree, turn left. Walk straight to the main road. The metro station is on the right. No need to cross the road.
- Metro runs from 7am – 10pm. On Sundays, it starts at 2pm.
- If you wish to rent a AC car with a driver. Our rate is INR 200/- per hour (minimum 3 hours) Air-con Ford Figo with driver. SUV INR 2000/- ( up to 7 hours / 80km )
- You can use normal yellow taxis. You have to pay double plus INR 2 on the meter reading. For example: If your meter reads INR 40. You need to pay INR 40 plus INR 40 plus INR 2 = INR 82.
- If you need a normal yellow taxi, at any time of day / night, kindly ask our staff to call one for you.
ATM / Money Exchange
- There is a ATM at the next building. Walk out of Bodhi Tree and turn right. SBI ATM is there. You need to swipe your credit card to enter.
- There is another ATM at Merlin Building. Walk to main road and turn left. You need to walk for 5 mins. Merlin building is on the opposite side.
- Money can be exchanged at ICICI Bank, 2/3 Hindustan Road, Gariahat. Take a taxi to Gariahat Crossing ( 10 mins ) and ask for the bank. 8 am – 2 pm.
- We require at least 48 hours .
- Left Luggage is chargeable. INR 50 per bag / per night.
- Kindly fill form and keep the luggage locked .
- Up to 3 hours : no charges.
Payment of Bill
- Payment of Bill is required to be made, 1 day prior to check-out.
- If you wish to pay by Credit card, kindly inform us earlier.
- We accept payment in cash (Indian currency only) and Visa/Mastercard.
Railway Bookings / Air Tickets
- Visit www.irctc.co.in/ for online booking.
- You can go to Railway Reservation office at Fairley Place, BB Bag, near Esplanade. There is a counter for foreign tourists.
- You can buy online : Makemytrip.com.
- Kalighat Temple & Mother’s House
- Lakes and Old Buddha Temple (inside lakes , near Southend Park)
- South City Mall(5 mins by taxi – for Food Court / Cinema / Shopping)
- Dakshinapan Market – cheapest shopping (11-7pm)[near Lake Police Station, 10 mins by Taxi]
- Gariahat Crossing / Golpark / Southern Avenue (Cafes/Restaurants/ Shopping)
- Bengali Food – Oh Calcutta – Forum Mall, Elgin Road.
- Chinese Food – Mainland China – Food Court – South City Mall
- Ask for Lonely Planet – India (for all other information)
- If you wish to tip, kindly ask for the tip box, for equal distribution amongst the staff members.
- Please refrain from giving tip directly to individual staff members.
24/7 Management Hotline
- If you wish to speak to the management, for any other information, please feel free to call the following number from our office phones at the reception : 9830430532 (Devdan Chaudhuri, Co-owner, Bodhi Tree).
- You are encouraged to call management immediately, if you have any complaints/ suggestions.
Airport Transfers, Car Rentals & Kolkata Tours.
- Bodhi Tree offers airport transfers, car rental (on hourly basis) and Kolkata tours with professional guide. For the latest rates, kindly write to us.
IMPORTANT – There is no curfew. However, if are going to return to Bodhi Tree after 10pm ; you must inform the staff before you leave ; so that someone will be at the gate.
The main gate is kept locked for security. If you wish to go out, and cannot find someone at the gate, our staff is always present in the reception ( first floor ), kitchen or the staff room.